Founded in 1955, Gems has over 60 years of experience designing and manufacturing a broad portfolio of liquid level, flow switches and pressure switches, sensors and transducers, miniature solenoid valves, and pre-assembled fluidic systems. Gems provides manufacturing services in North America, Europe, and Asia and offers its products to different markets like alternative energy, semiconductor manufacturing, process tank gauging, waste water procession and other marine and industrial applications.
Gems liquid level sensors and switches provide high-reliability monitoring and detection of a wide range of fluid media. Requirements can range anywhere from the sensing of cooking oil, to hydraulic fluids, to diesel fuel tanks (gas level indicator), to water and wastewater, to biohazards, to even deionized or potable water. Gems offers a broad range of contact, non-contact, and non-intrusive liquid level sensors and switches.
- Electro-Optic. Compact design, solid-state switching, and no moving parts ensure dependability and long service life.
- Float. Available in single point and multi-point (up to six levels) configurations, Gems float type switches utilize a reed switch design providing long, trouble-free service with precise repeatability.
- Conductivity. Single or multi-point sensors, Gems Warrick® conductivity switches have no moving parts and utilize stainless steel electrodes available in custom lengths.
- Non-Intrusive. A piezo-resonant transducer and microprocessor based electronic control module allow these sensors to accurately detect liquid levels non-intrusively from outside the container.
- Capacitance Level Sensors. Multiple solid-state capacitance point level switches can sense liquids without contact from outside non-metallic containers.
- High Purity. PTFE and PVDF materials are designed for ultra-pure fluid applications.
- Ultrasonic. Gems ultrasonic switches and transmitters provide solid state measurement and are available in single or multi-point versions with specific levels or continuous measurement.
- Float. Gems float transmitters are available in a variety of materials and lengths, and provide output signals of 4-20 mA, 0-5 VDC, and 0-12 VDC.
- Magnorestrictive. Use magnorestrictive transmitters when extremely accurate measurement is required. Gems products provide accuracy to within ±0.2mm, and a resolution better than 0.1mm. Dual float tracking and explosion proof models are optional.
- DIPTAPE™ and DRUMTAPE™. These non-electric indicators are ideal for safely measuring liquids in containers in hazardous areas.
- SureSite®. Available in alloy and engineered plastic, these visual level indicators mount to the top or sides of tanks and provide safe easy-to-read continuous level gauging.
Gems designs and manufactures a complete range of flow sensors and switches for the reliable and effective measurements of both conductive and non-conductive fluids, as well as gases. At preset rates ranging from 50 cc/min to 100 GPM, rugged Gems flow switches will initiate alarm actuation or automatic system shutdown, making them a vital component of any predictive maintenance strategy. They are commonly specified for rotating equipment, conveyors, gas sampling and distilling, water purification systems, welders, semiconductor equipment, chemical processing, and machine tool and robotics applications.
- Offered in brass, plastic, or stainless steel bodies, Gems piston switch technology offers fixed setpoint models as well as adjustable versions featuring settings of 0.5 to 20 GPM while delivering high repeatability and precise calibration for liquids or gases.
- With their unique, patented cam design, these switches do not require bellows, seals, or mechanical linkages while assuring low pressure drops for flow/no flow detection applications.
- For monitoring water and oil in line sizes ¾” to 3”, Gems shuttle valves are offered in fixed or adjustable settings with housings made of bronze, plastic, stainless steel, or marine grade.
- Paddle Wheel. Gems RotorFlow® series of sensors are highly visible paddle wheel designs that offer accurate visual indication, flow rate sensing, and switching. Available in a variety of housing materials, line sizes, and electronic outputs.
Gems offers a wide range of industrial pressure sensors, transducers, and switches. Each is ruggedly designed to address customer measurement challenges in hydraulics and pneumatics, water and wastewater, HVAC, OEM compressors and pumps, refrigeration systems, oil and gas, off-highway, machine tooling, medical gases, in-process control, and other applications.
- Thin Film. Sputtered thin film transducers have excellent thermal properties and superior stability specifications making them ideal for harsh applications requiring durability and precision.
- Gems offers a wide variety of capacitive type transducers which combine mechanical assembly with electronic circuitry resulting in a highly repeatable product with low hysteresis.
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD). Gems CVD pressure transducers utilize a state-of-the-art ASIC chip which provides greater linearity correction than traditional thermal compensation methods.
- For the ultimate performance in ground water monitoring, Gems’ 9500 series submersible transducer features a true level reading through built-in specific gravity compensation. All Gems submersible transducers are impervious to the effects of water, even in the highest humidity and long-term submersion.
- Piston/Diaphragm. Gems unique piston/diaphragm design combines the high proof pressure of piston technology with the sensitivity and accuracy of a diaphragm design. Available in a wide variety of enclosure materials, all are NEMA4 or NEMA4X rated.Gems offers a wide range of industrial pressure sensors, transducers, and switches. Each is ruggedly designed to address customer measurement challenges in hydraulics and pneumatics, water and wastewater, HVAC, OEM compressors and pumps, refrigeration systems, oil and gas, off-highway, machine tooling, medical gases, in-process control, and other applications.
- Solid State. With no moving parts, Gems solid state sensors excel in accuracy and repeatability in high shock and vibration environments, and they are available in a large selection of pressure port and electrical connection options.
- Temperature Switches. Setpoints between 70°F – 285°F (20°C – 140°C)
- Continuous Sensing. Proportional resistance output – RTD or thermistor. IP67 reliability.
- Open Thermistor Sensors. Unique fused-glass design provides high pressure capability – to 450 PSIG (31 bar).
Gems Sensors & Controls designs and manufactures a complete range of 2-way normally open/closed, 2-way normally closed, and 3-way directional miniature solenoid valves, available in general purpose, cryogenic, and isolation types. Their rugged construction incorporates a bubble tight plunger for reliable operation over millions of cycles without failure, making them ideal for use within demanding environments.
- Direct Acting, Miniature, and Sub-miniature.
- Direct Contact or Fluid Isolation. Gems isolation valves feature a diaphragm (available in various materials such as Viton, EPR, nitrile, perfluoroelastomer, and EPDM) that isolates the media from internal components. Pinch valves are also available in multiple configurations and support tubing up to ¼” O.D.
- Cryogenic Valves to -320°F (-196°C). These miniature 2-way valves can be configured for liquid nitrogen, liquid carbon dioxide, and other extreme temperature media.
Gems not only offers standard products, but also excels in delivering custom solutions utilizing their more than 60 years of engineering and application experience. If you don’t see what you need, contact Gems’ engineering team to see what they can do for you.
- Integral Manifold Assemblies
- Wide variety of manifold materials
- Multiple sensor technologies
- Flexible configurations
- Customized Solutions
- Wetted and non-wetted materials: alloys and engineered plastics
- Electrical terminations of all types
- Port sizes, fittings, and other installation methods
- Sub-assembly design and manufacturing
- Integrated Sensor and Control Modules